...ecologist Johan Rockström, who directs the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research in Stockholm, thinks there might be a way to cut global emissions while eliminating poverty and hunger and keeping the world cool enough to sustain future generations.
- Cut greenhouse gases in half every decade starting in 2020
- Increase food chain efficiency by 1% per year
- Shift how we create wealth and prosperity
- Ensure the wealthiest 10% don’t get more than 40% of the pie
- Invest more in education, health and family planning